E. Cobham Brewer 18101897. Dictionary of Phrase and Fable. 1898.
Johnson (Dr. Samuel)
lived in Fleet Streetfirst in Fetter Lane, then in Boswell Court, then in Gough Square, then in the Inner Temple Lane for seven years, then in Johnsons Court (No. 7) for ten years; and lastly in Bolt Court (No. 8), where he died eight years after. The coffee-house he most frequented was the Mitre tavern in Fleet Street, and not that which has assumed the name of Dr. Johnsons Coffee-house. The church he frequented was St. Clement Danes in the Strand.