|J.W. von Goethe (17491832). Wilhelm Meisters Apprenticeship.|
|The Harvard Classics Shelf of Fiction. 1917.|
|List of Characters|
- WILHELM MEISTER.
- His father.
- His mother.
- His sister, later married to young Werner.
- OLD WERNER, partner of Wilhelms father.
- YOUNG WERNER, son of Old Werner.
- MARIANA, an actress, Wilhelms first love.
- FELIX, her son.
- BARBARA, her servant and confidante.
- NORBERG, in love with Mariana.
- MELINA, an actor.
- FRAU MELINA, his wife.
- Her parents.
- SERLO, a theatrical manager.
- AURELIA, his sister.
- A manufacturer of Hochdorf.
- Head forester of Hochdorf.
- DEMOISELLE LANDRINETTE & M. NARCISS, acrobats.
- MIGNON, a little dancer.
- THE GREAT DEVIL, a showman, first master of Mignon
- LAERTES, an actor.
- PHILINA, an actress.
- The pedant, an actor.
- OLD BOISTEROUS, an actor.
- ELMIRA, his daughter, later married to Serlo.
- The Fair Saint.
- NARCISS, her betrothed.
- PHILO, her friend.
- LOTHARIO, FREDERICK, The Countess & NATALIA, the Amazon, nephews and nieces of the Fair Saint.
- Their uncle.
- THERESA, later married to Lothario.
- LYDIA, in love with Lothario.
- The Count.
- His stallmeister.
- The prince von
- A baron.
- A baroness.
- The abbé, in various disguises, JARNO, A physician & A surgeon, attached to Lothario.
- An Italian marchese.
- AUGUSTIN, his brother, the old harper,
parents of Mignon.
- SPERATA, their sister.